Today I finished printing the last page of my children’s book about snorkeling (which you can see in my “work” page). I still need to print the title page , the end papers, and the cover, but the end of this project is within sight.
I first started working on this project in February, and I thought that I’d finish the book in three months. How wrong I was. I think the first few months i spent a lot of time searching for reference photos of coral and fishes. The next hurdle was drawing the coral. Each coral “mass” took me hours to draw, as I was trying to capture the complexity of coral. I’m happy with the final product, but believe me when I say a lot of blood and tears went into this.
Ideally in two weeks I’ll have a truly “finished” bound book done.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.